Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sri Lanka UN

So while this shouldn't be my blog I have to say as we were coming back from VBS (which today we had 180!) we were stopped by the UN. Now I personally have never seen so many guns in my life. I'm still not sure why they were there, but they were. The kids were running and playing around them not bothered by the guns at all.

Today was heart breaking for me. We took Juice for the kids and water- they were so thirsty that we ran out and for such a simple basic need to not be met - it killed me. To turn these little sweaty thirsty babies away was heart breaking.
(John and Tracy - Haiti NEEDS living water to come).

VBS was fun. We are not just here "helping" with VBS we are running the whole show. We have to come up with the entire program. Today we told the story of David and Goliath. We try to have the kids interact with us by acting it out.
When David "killed" Goliath - the kids jumped up and cheered. It was the best David and Goliath ever. They have taught us how to sing a song in creole and today we taught them Jesus Loves Me and they sang it in English. It almost brought me to tears.
The afternoon holds some surprises as we are not 100% sure what we are doing inside tent city. We will keep you posted.
-Marilee



No comments:

Post a Comment