Monday, August 8, 2011

Just got back from the first day of VBS. Pretty sure there was around 160 kids today. It was crazy. We acted out Daniel and the lion's den. We had a craft of making lion faces on paper plates for the kids and had to give out a snack to all those kids. The coolest part of the entire day was when one of our translators announced that we were playing fĂștbol. Every kid jumped up and down screaming. Boy do they like soccer. Sara and I were in charge of the soccer activity, kids were going hectic over our soccer balls. I have made a relationship with one kid, Corey. He told me as I left that he was glad I was here and wants me to come back tomorrow. That was just really cool to hear. He spoke some English and helped me talk to some kids. We are about to go out and start cleaning up a health clinic. Love you all.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment